Saturday, November 13, 2010

Watering Change.


- view from my window -

Staring into the distance is something that grants me serenity.

It is a habit nurtured since my childhood.

In particular, I used to point excitedly at anchored ships bobbing along the horizon and pleasant waves ushering in waters from beyond. Lights of the night amplified this notion of heightened glee. With the sand in my toes and the wind playing in my hair, my face lit with a smile. The still tranquil waters, be it those of the sea, river, pond or even the reservoir, brought me happiness. This was where I felt safe.

And then, one day, it stopped.

The very images that had brought me comfort now swirled in a mangled cauldron. I could no longer bring myself to register the familiar figures and structures.

A large part of my identity was thus swept away with the receding waters.

Till this day, I find myself turning away involuntarily when they are in plain view.

It's a stark contrast.

How things have changed.

And how I, have changed.

╬ sad smile ╬

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home