Sunday, December 19, 2010

Blown Away...

... by the cost of my shoes - 3 pairs to be exact, to the tune of approximately $500.

Yet, the adrenalin rush ebbs as soon as I step out of the boutique(s).

I am not materialistic.

Neither am I a snob.

I do like a certain lifestyle, furnished by moolah from the sheer hard work that I put in to get the grind going.

But don't get me wrong. It's really fine to do without. I could tote a Prada and yet have no qualms about going to a hawker centre for a meal. I don't mind taking a walk to my destination. I do wear jeans and tees like any typical Singaporean.

I know that my persona on Faceb00k negates this.

It is the grand facade to the world;

To distract from that which matters most; to conceal the deepest void within.

And there are things that I do intentionally to make You think little of me,

So that You'll dislike me and drift away.

And in time to come, this blistering pain will cease to gnaw and I shall heal.

Ain't Mich silly?

-SaD sMiLe-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home