Sunday, January 02, 2011

Goodnight, 2 Jan 2011.

2011.

Double 1s.

Double the pain.

Nobody knows.

Nobody, but myself.

I let everyone think frivolous matters bother me.

So they won't see what truly matters.

You used to tell me that faraway people can't hurt me.

You were someone I turned to; someone who knew what to say to placate my fears.

Now, it's just Me grappling in the dark.

Run ... to You?
Share ... with You?

Not too long ago, I asked why You did not return home on certain days after work. Your reply startled me and has rattled in my head ever since. "Go home to...? You're already taken."

I can't run to You, much as I'd like to.
I force myself to run away from You instead.

So, like any other night,

I curl inwards under the covers,

And wish the night away.

I know my wish is granted in the morn,

When darkness flees,

And the sun erases traces of the night before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home