Friday, January 21, 2011

How Do I Stop Dreaming?



Close your eyes.

Gently, your subconscious weaves a dream.

Unfolding is an alternate universe that traipses on the otherwise Impossible.

As such, the subject matter of my dreams has been the object which I should shun - You.
Monday
Sauntering by, You cast a fleeting glance at me. I reached out to You, if only for a while, before You said You had to leave but You'd return in time.

Tuesday
"This is nice," I smiled as we sat on the beach and watched the waves. You got up and made footprints in the sand. The distance between us stretched as we moved in opposite directions with our footprints along the beach.

Wednesday
Uniformed men stood in line on a vessel. For some reason, I was part of the entourage and You were all smiles. The ship never docked. It sailed into the horizon.

Thursday
You'd scrawled on my wall, "___ is sad that he's no longer important to Mich."
This was followed by "Meet at 6.30am - extended 7; for a heart2heart ch8 (chat)? I've to leave at 4pm." With nary a care in the world, I took to my heels and went to meet You. I came by a class in an open field. Fascinated by the lesson, I took a seat. Time went by and I did not leave to meet You.

The subconscious wreaks havoc with fervent glee.

The more I have to do what I must, the more it haunts me.

I'm afraid to sleep;

Afraid to dream;

Afraid to wake up to reality;

Afraid that my resolve would be absolved;

This fear is crippling.

It is not within my control to choose the subject matter of my dreams.

How do I stop dreaming?

Would You know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home