Thursday, February 03, 2011

Warning : Rant Ahead.

This notion grates within - shallow people irk me to no end.

Yes, shallow.

Shallow people define Life by the number of possessions they accumulate. Often, these people are not exactly in the prime slab of society to begin with. With the little they have, it is magnified to inflate their ego and they assume a certain air of (false) superiority while despising others who do not match up to their supposed standards. [Pass the barf bag, please.]

It's one thing to enjoy a certain lifestyle. Who wouldn't like a comfortable life?

It's another to centre your life around dollars and cents while thinking you are better than others when there are scores of people ahead of you. It's sheer arrogance!

I like my cosy teas & fine dining. I enjoy a little shopping now and then. However, that does not give me the right to feel privileged nor believe that I'm head and shoulders above my peers.

Rich or poor; Academically-inclined or otherwise, it matters not to me.

You are defined by the treasures that lie within, not for what You have nor for the position that You wield at work.

That said, what sets you off, my friends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home