Tuesday, April 12, 2011

6 Years ... On This Very Day.

6 years ago, on this day, we connected for the first time.

Hours were frittered daily and I found myself immersed in You. Reasons were concocted to meet me & I basked in that sweetness, albeit short-lived.

Drawing close to You was a mistake, for it has brought us more grief than joy.

Not long after, I broke You. Then, You left for lands far beyond.

When You returned, it continued. We found excuses to meet each other. I'd smile & wrap your windbreaker around me as you insisted that I put it on. You'd adjust the helmet for me coz I could never figure how to get it right. You handed me lil trinkets from the lands that you'd explored.

The next year, You took me to dizzying heights & constantly surprised me or found reasons to show up. Swiftly thereafter, You shattered me in the same way that I'd inflicted pain on You.

I fled from You. A year later, You reappeared and took me to an expensive restaurant, sent me home & said certain things.

The following year, You were to spend Valentine's with me but that fizzled out. Then, You surprised me on X'mas Eve with a gift and an
unexpected meet-up. The klutz in me fumbled just as words were to be spoken & thus, they were never uttered.

In 2010, I made it for You. However, it would come to pass months later that some semblance of normalcy fizzled after a disastrous lunch.

Silly Me thought that 2011was the year of reckoning. 2005 was here again. I was prepared to fight for my happiness & choose You this time, come what may. As I awaited Your return excitedly, things happened. I was a wreck - physically, emotionally & mentally. I had to force myself to keep mum despite the promises. I did not want You to see me in such a sorry state, so I kept my distance.

In a twist of fate, the very incident that has just happened to Me has also struck You.

Today.

On this very day.

6 years after we connected.

Somehow, I can't help but feel that things have come in full circle.

I'm still on the road to recovery with several appointments & coffers due.

My silence wreaks havoc as my lips are coerced in a tight nip and these hands find comfort in contorted grips.

"No, I must not care," I chide myself harshly, blinking away wrought emotions and quelling stirs that should arise.

6 years - How it has rattled my Life

And whittled me to this frail frame.

As if on cue, Life takes the mickey out of Me,

For this very day marks His Birthday.

Coincidence is certainly no stranger to Me. And in tow, in good company, is Irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home