Sunday, April 17, 2011

As My Gaze Falls Away.



It's been a trying month.

The facade of nonchalance prevails and Silence continues to permeate.

How different things were mere weeks ago -
How I'd looked forward to the Promise;
How You'd surprised me;

Life mocks me for being Daft.

The dreadful alternative presents these fretful fractures.

The charm of fond words vanishes when one repeats them to the Indifferent.

And so, with deliberate detachment on my part, I've lost You.

Intentionally. Again.

Not Once. But Twice.

Things have happened to You the way it has happened to Me.

And yet, I struggle to look the other way.

You must be wondering why that Promise was forged and yet, why have I ceased communication? Why have I chosen to ignore every word & deed undertaken?

I'm keeping You at arm's length for Your sake. For Your safety.

There is no basis for comparison,

Because You are already the very Best.

To Me.

Always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home