Saturday, April 09, 2011

A Battle Won.


::Photograph © Mich::

Where have I been in the last couple of days?

Well, in a matter of just 4 days, Life has done an about-turn.

On Tuesday afternoon, I was crumbling. Physically, I was in tatters and clinging onto Fear. Emotionally drained, I struggled to keep afloat.

By Tuesday evening, a miracle had happened. Imagine having beaten the odds and expediting an issue in a span of TWO days when you were told minutes ago that it would take at least FOUR WEEKS.

Yesterday, I knew I was in good hands.

I don't deserve it but God has been merciful to me. I'm truly Blessed. Who else could have their lives completely changed in a matter of days? I owe it all to God.

Every step of my Life that I take is hinged on the word of God.

Sometimes, it may not be what I want. Occasionally, I'd argue that the circumstances are in my favour, so why should I let it pass? Yet, ultimately, I'd submit to God's word regardless of how I feel.

It is not easy. It is an exercise of Faith and Obedience, much like a child would submit to the authority of his father.

Over the course of two weeks, my Life has undergone turmoil, stress and pain.

By yesterday, I knew that the raging storm had passed.

It was no coincidence that Zephaniah 3 was my Biblical passage of the day.

15 The LORD has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm. 16 On that day they will say to Jerusalem, “Do not fear, O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp. 17 The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. 18 “The sorrows for the appointed feasts I will remove from you; they are a burden and a reproach to you. 19 At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you; I will rescue the lame and gather those who have been scattered. I will give them praise and honor in every land where they were put to shame. 20 At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honor and praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes,” says the LORD.
It is crucial to note that 'restore your fortunes' is not to be taken in the literal sense. It is the restoration of BLESSINGS that no amount of money in the world can buy - of peace, love, joy and hope. It is an ASSURANCE, a promise of things to come.

And that, is the best gift that one can have.

I know that it will come across as being hyperbolic or gibberish to non-believers.

But much like a rollercoaster ride or a dive into the ocean, it is hard to reiterate the exhilaration and adrenalin rush in mere words.

You'll have to experience it for yourself before the context registers any significant meaning and impact.

I have experienced God's Love and the circumstances have been in my favour not through sheer luck nor coincidence, but through God's intervention.

I've crossed the mountains. Now, I've lil streams to pass.

And I have no fear, because I know that God is Here.

God is very real to me,

Because when things appear to be impossible,

God gives Life a little nudge and whispers, "I M POSSIBLE".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home