Monday, August 01, 2011

Perforations of a Certain Kind.

Do you think that I'm materialistic?

I (try to) enjoy a certain lifestyle but it diminishes in importance when it comes to being Happy.

In my previous post, I pondered on the purpose of me ploughing away.

In all honesty, I love what I do.

Still, I suppose that Work is a means of avoidance that I have become accustomed to employing in a bid to validate my self-worth.

Was that a mouthful?

In short, I work hard because it is an area where success is a given. I'm very good at what I do and thus, it compensates for that which is lacking in other areas. It fills the void which was left by _____.

Don't get me wrong. I'm Contented with the current page.

But to have my eyes sparkle & twinkle with a lil flutter of the heart?

Those days are gone.

I may have vanished without a trace but on nights like this, a part of me wonders if I do wade into your consciousness occasionally.

This, That and Those - A myriad of the Unknown that I should not know.

I would love to meet you, before ______.

Yet, I'm afraid that if I do, my efforts will be vanquished & past hurts will surface.

Yes, Mich may be opinionated & feisty but cowardice triumphs in this particular area.

Oh, well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home