Sunday, November 11, 2012

Forward.

I'd cast aside everything to wait.
8 years frittered away to make up for what I'd believed was my deepest regret in letting You go.

Then August 2012 arrived.
I'd foolishly thought that ______.

You could have told me the truth.
But you didn't.
You said You'd ____, ____ and _____.
Like a naive fool, I believed every word You'd said.

And continued to wait.

Happy as a lark, I went about my way and beamed as the days passed.

You could have but you kept mum.
Was it intentional? A deliberate blow for that particular night all those years ago?

I'm not broken, for my heart has died in 2007 and I've not been the same ever since.

This time, I'm numb.

I've no more tears left to shed nor do I wish to weave theories of What Ifs and Whys.

It is easy for me to turn tail and flee once again.

But I won't.

Not this time.

Not anymore.

Forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home