Tuesday, January 15, 2013

That Awkward Moment.



"...I know Your love dispels all my fears.
Through the storm I will hold on, Lord.
And by faith I will walk on, Lord.
Then I'll see beyond my Cavalry one day

And I will be complete in You."

With that, the congregation flooded out of the Place.

Not to be deterred by the plangent strains that played on, I held my fort and willed the surging buckets and wells away.

I made my way out of the hall, only to come face to face with the likeness of Your being.

Great.

With a smile, she acknowledged my presence.

Deftly, I returned this gesture.

This is how it has been and will be.

Every single week poses a challenge but I've held on and will continue to stride forward.

This is where I'd grown up, where memories have been forged.

It is a large part of my identity.

And I cannot let it erode because of what has transpired between us.

Dear God, grant me the strength that I need.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home