Tuesday, January 08, 2013

These Laborious Breaths.

It started off as a nondescript cough last Sunday.

As if on cue, bronchitis peddled its wares.

With continents spooling (and pooling) in my sink, I could just make out the shades separating land from water.

Then a fever came along and joined the motley crew.

It was not long before I lay defeated in bed, emitting decibels transcending those of normalcy.

Glassy salvation in the form of cough syrups yielded nought. So did cough drops. And wild honey. And acacia honey. And salt water. And antibiotics. And...and...argh!

Taking a stab in the dark, I traipsed to a Chinese medical hall earlier this evening and there, almond fig tea was credited with 'anti-cough properties'.

Whether these claims are valid will be evidenced by my state of health in the coming days.

Be gone, impertinent afflictions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home