Saturday, February 02, 2013

Part & Parcel.

Amidst a bustling day, I found time to attend the wake of J's grandmother. J and I have been real tight since our college days.

Thereafter, I had dinner with my Lil Twin and laughed the night away.

As I was chortling, I caught sight of someone waving (flailing, actually). It was Y, my former classmate & neighbour.

In a couple of hours, the latter half of my life flashed before my eyes; earmarked from secondary school, college and university, each figure perforated an era.

It's time to snap out of Stupidity.

I will always miss You.

There will always be questions that I've yet to have answers to.

Encapsulated moments will take time to ravel in my memory closet.

Tears fall,

Shambles loom,

Sadness beckons unbearably on some nights.

But I'm a trooper.

Unlike in 2007, I've not allowed my world to collapse this time.

It is time to turn my anguish and pain into strength to help the needy.

This has always been a passion of mine.

Memories from my childhood are rife with regular visits to the lonely in one-room flats as I trot alongside Mum, who took it upon herself to help these strangers in need on a weekly basis.

Gaining independence in Secondary School, I enjoyed visits to the orphanages and old folks' homes.

In college, I'd won the prestigious International Leo Club Award along with my seniors. The Leo Club enabled me to render assistance to senior citizens, orphans and children from the lower-income groups. An immense amount of satisfaction and delight arose from bringing joy to the marginalised.

Regular donations to the needy are part of my schema till this day, as well as door-to-door handouts.

Currently, I am toying with the idea of short mission trips with a friend who is in charge of such activities.

I miss You but I know that You are doing well. I'll never know what went through Your mind that night at 2am in December 2012 and the days that followed.

Thank You for leaving me with beautiful memories before you headed for California. Be Happy, as always.

Love, Me.


Hey, Mich, now let's go and help those who hurting more than you. It's your gift that children endear themselves to you. Use it to bring joy to them! =)

"I cried because I had no shoes.
Then I met a man who had no feet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home