Saturday, March 09, 2013

The Man. =)

I watch as he sleeps.

Each breath fills his chest and is expelled in a barely audible puff.

There is little need for the frivolous peacock dance.

He is not one to boast of his achievements and capabilities,

And is far superior than his exterior betrays.

Unlike my boisterous self, he is still and calm.

At work, million-dollar transactions are the norm for him.

He was asked to helm the headquarters in Beijing, but rejected it because of Me,

Because I said No.

Which man of his position and stature would do that?

Just a while ago, I learnt that he'd bravely skydived and performed hundreds of parachute drops during his commando days.

Yet, he shrugged it off as I gurgled in fascination. (W-O-W!)

Such is the cool disposition of The Man.

For the first time in a long, long while,

I am in awe of The Man.

I can see clearly now that the fog has dissipated.

To cherish and to hold,

Forever. =)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home