Thursday, March 07, 2013

The Parting Injunction.

What happened to me earlier are matters of sadness and pain, albeit transient.

8 storage boxes remained unpacked despite having occupied the current abode for more than a year.

As I emptied the contents of one, memories in the form of trinkets and gifts were unearthed.

Inadvertently, I'd harvested the spoils of yesteryear.

Italy, Switzerland, Paris, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Bangkok, and their ilk poured their woes onto the cold marble floor -

Of raiment, souvenirs and conversation pieces that were purchased with You in mind as I trotted across the globe, but never quite made it to Your trove of possessions.

I betrayed little emotion, though my face might well have been grave from the unprecedented haul.

But I called up all my resolution, set my teeth, and shoved these away without further mishap.

Stupidity will not reign. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home