Friday, April 05, 2013

Arrant Pedantry.



As friends are wont to do, B sifted through his broken pieces and scrawled,

"She (B's ex) was a piece of the puzzle that wouldn't fit. I tried and tried to make it until I realised I was just damaging the other pieces. I miss her for the good memories but there are tonnes of bad ones I've hidden away."

Then, he made the most innocuous reference to You that left me gutted.

"She's not ______ (insert your moniker). He is the possibility of 'what if', 'what could have been' to you. She is the reality of failure to me."

That knocked the wind out of my sails before I got my act together and pottered about with Reality.

=========================================
Pretty Lil Kitten is a lugubrious figure of the past.

Handsome Lil Pup had left her a ball of string, with which she entwined herself impetuously until oblique knots suggested themselves to her mind.

The carnage dwelt in its finality, as though it were her judge.
=========================================

Back to the subject in question,

B, my dear friend, you'll live.

And so will I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home