Monday, April 01, 2013

I Had A Vision.

No, this is not a corny entry that reeks of nationalism or corporate propaganda.

If anything, it is a rather sombre piece.

As you'd know, my dearly beloved uncle passed away suddenly in 2011. He was the father figure in my life and a rather prominent man in some circles as he was part of the prestigious Raffles Institution alumni. This paved the way for politics and networks. My family enjoyed the benefits that came with certain connections in the political/medical world. Yet, he was a humble man in his own right and walked the talk of philanthropy as he gave away a large portion of his money to the needy during his lifetime. I'm uber proud to have been the apple of his eye.

Moments ago, a vision was revealed to me as I went about with the inane task of washing my face.

I saw my uncle seated next to an angel on an unfinished brick wall.

I'm a tad unnerved as such a phenomenon has not been prevalent in this life of mine.

Perhaps it is God's reassurance that the family is in good hands though the pillar that everyone had come to rely on for decades is no more.

Perhaps it is to bestow upon me the surmounting task of being the Provider, to fill my uncle's shoes. Currently, all legal / financial paperwork and its ilk are my responsibility.

Behind Mich's giggles and flighty ways lie serious thoughts and sacrifices that are scarcely familiar even to those within her tight circle.

You never knew that Mich had a serious side, did You? *winks*

Whatever the Future holds, it is God's Will.

And Koo, I know that You're looking down from Heaven and I hope I've managed to (or will) step into those really large shoes!

Blessings,
Mich =)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home