Saturday, May 04, 2013

Tell Me A Story.

I waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

The salient silence, while having to watch every ornate display, crushed me.

I told myself that this was not You, that You'd keep your word. You always did.

The Boy I knew made me Happy. He would not leave me biting the dust, especially not after the times we'd spent together just before You left.

The Boy would not hurt me.

He would not disappear.

There must be a reason, I admonished myself. Justifications bombarded my mind and I kept them handy while telling myself to be patient.

Your Day arrived. I knew. I turned away not because I did not care.

I'd thought that my presence was no longer warranted and so, it was best that I said nothing.

After all, maintaining the status quo had been almost a prerquisite. It was easy to slip on the guise of nonchalance and go about my way, as always.

The awkward position that we'd been engulfed in since day one was my conundrum. Of salutations and titles, the bridge was inadvertently missing.

It is not a war of pride.

This is my Story.

Do You trust me?

Will You tell me Yours?

[ End : 6.26 am ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home