Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Multifold Projection of You.

好不容易
It wasn't easy
又能再爱多一天,
To find love for yet another day
但故事的最后你
But, in the wake of this fairy tale,
好像还是说了Bye Bye.
Is Your goodbye.

~ Jay Chou, 晴天


With my smattering of Mandarin, Jay's the sole reason as to why I'm still able to cling onto bits of the language.

Yet, I've steered clear of his music, parting the covers of his album only in the days prior to his concert on Saturday. It had been purchased in January.

Why? Well, Jay's a master at evoking repressed emotions. You could have nary an inkling of the language, yet the woeful strains invade your subconscious with a clever infusion of unexpected instruments. This is the reason for his success; his musical talent is amazing and rightfully so, he is widely regarded as the King of Pop in Asia.

On the ivories, he is unbeatable. He writes every song & pens the lyrics with a formidable lyricist, Fang Wenshan, whose poetic scrawls have contributed to Jay's success.

It has been 13 years since Jay first burst onto the music scene. His somewhat arrogant demeanour was repulsive initially but as time went by, I grew to love the musician's work.

Out of these 13 years, 9 has been filled with You. Each song latches onto a memory, be it of happiness or despondence. Each tune is a stark reminder of time gone by.

I steer clear from Jay's music because I'm afraid to be reminded of You - His demeanour, his musical talent and the stashes of gnashes contain shades of You.

That said, when I say that I love Jay, what I really mean is that I love You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home