Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Word.

Who would put everything on hold for a single word?

9 years of everything but a verbal affirmation.

For reasons known only to Yourself, You just wouldn't say.

Circumstances are but excuses.

Friends don't understand why that singular syllable held such significance.

"You know the Answer."
"You know he does."
"Do you really need an answer when it's so obvious?"
"Why are you denying that it's a huge yes?"


These are but speculation.

2579832159022370021690 gestures on your part could light up the entire Earth but it would not suffice.

Until it is articulated by You, nothing holds true.

But I do not want to subject myself to anymore tears while awaiting the monosyllable and so, I've turned tail and fled, abandoning my heart in the process.

I've given You 9 years,

You've given me all but the 1 word I'd been waiting for.

Poignance weaves a sad smile and lays its heart to rest.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home